Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Blah, blah.....blah

On the last day of radiation, I saw the doc. At that time, the nurse said, "I bet you'll be amazed at how much better you'll feel in two weeks."

It's been a week today. I'm still waiting to start feeling better.

The worst of the burn is starting to heal. I still have some incredibly tender spots where the skin is peeling away. But I do see progress there. The fatigue, though....well that's another story. There are days that I feel...as good as I did on my worst day BC (before cancer). That's not saying much. Then there are days like yesterday. I got up. I laid on the sofa. I went back to bed and took a nap. I laid on the sofa. I scrounged something to eat. I laid on the sofa. In other words, I did nothing.  And I was still exhausted. I hate that. 
 
There are those very rare days that I feel nearly....normal, though. Can't wait til I string a couple-three of those together.
 
 


5 Comments:

At 12:05 PM , Blogger pamibe said...

Hope normal returns very quickly - so glad you've finished the treatments!

 
At 11:57 AM , Blogger Mrs. Who said...

Bless you...I've been sitting here bitching about a pulled muscle, bemoaning the pain...but it's nothing compared to what you've been through.

Since it's been 10 days since you've posted this, I hope you are getting more 'normal' days in a row.

 
At 8:54 PM , Blogger WitNit said...

So, you are doing well, right?

Mark
MarkAndreAlexander.com

 
At 9:48 PM , Blogger Pammy said...

Wow, Mark...you're a blast from the past, buddy!
I WAS doing ok. Not so much now. I developed a seroma (a big pocket of fluid)...then a huge abscess. Because of the radiation, it's not healing. Packings and dressings and pain pills are my life right now.
But thanks for asking. heh

 
At 9:57 PM , Blogger WitNit said...

The adventure never stops. The good news is that we are all immortal beings, so no matter what happens to us, we WILL eventually get over it.

It's an ever-upward story despite appearances.

Much love to you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home