Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Why, yes....I'll have a little cheese with my whine

 I thought I was doing 15 "regular" radiation treatments. I'm doing 16, with 6 "boosts". I know...that's only one more. But I thought I'd be done with everything but the boosts this Friday. Whiiiinnnneeee

For another thing, I feel really, really crappy. The fatigue is just sucking the life outa me. I normally see the radiation oncologist once a week on Thursdays, but felt so bad today that the rad tech wanted me to see one today. Told the doc that I feel like my hemoglobin is down in the toilet somewhere. Extremely tired, palpitations and slightly short of breath. So they drew blood and I'll find out tomorrow. I normally run just a tad on the low side, anyway, so I won't be surprised if it's scary-low. Whhhiinnnneee

And I thought the mastitis was getting better, but now I'm not so sure. The old boob (no, I'm not referring to Ziggy here) is exquisitely tender....red, swollen and just not pretty. Now I know how a cow feels when she hasn't been milked for a while. Whhiiinnnneee

And another thing...what the hell's up with this f*$kin weather?? It was ninety-one here yesterday. I'm looking at the thermometer and it's fifty-six right now! I had the friggin air on yesterday and wouldn't mind a little heat today. WTF? Whhiiinnnneeee
 
Awww....screw the cheese. I don't want any f*%king cheese, anyway.


6 Comments:

At 5:50 AM , Blogger pamibe said...

Oh, damn. That's awful. Are the 'boosts' as bad as the full monty?

Hope you feel better soon!!

 
At 7:14 AM , Blogger Pammy said...

Pam, the boosts are supposed to be pinpointing only the tumor location, so I'm assuming that it won't be as bad. I guess I shouldn't assume anything, though, huh?

 
At 8:36 AM , Blogger Ramble On said...

You whine anytime you want or need to! We will listen, learn and commiserate. We have all been through it or know someone who has. We know how difficult it is and how chemo & radiation ravage the body. It is better to talk about it (or whine) than to try to keep all those feelings and concerns inside to fester like an emotional splinter.

 
At 9:28 PM , Blogger Pammy said...

Thanks, Ramble.

 
At 7:38 AM , Blogger Randall said...

Pammy, I'm not good at all at praying or anything but I will tell you this. Our very good friend had the same thing happen to her. The treatments, the pain, the depression and of course the scary shit that goes with it. We used to all go on trips, to Las Vegas, or pull the camper and camp. That ended with her diagnosis. It was tough on her and everyone around her but that was 4 years ago! She is back and at full throttle. We went to Vegas 3 weeks ago. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. You will see.

 
At 10:31 PM , Blogger Mrs. Who said...

Whine all you effin' want.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home