Monday, May 12, 2014

And so it goes....

Just got home from my 11th radiation treatment. It's going....fair. Thankfully, haven't really had much "burning" and no blistering....but I do slather on the 99% pure aloe vera gel as soon as I get home and a couple times before bed. I have developed mastitis, though, which is quite painful. Got and antibiotic and a pain med for that, so hopefully, it'll keep it from getting worse.

I'm doing a "Canadian protocol" of radiation. It's shorter in duration, but at a higher dose. The studies show that there's very little difference in side effects or efficacy, so I opted for the shorter regimen. I believe I have just four more treatments at this level, which radiates the whole breast, then six "boosts", which pinpoint the tumor location and just radiate that small area. I'm starting my third week today. Everyone said that it would go fast....it might feel like it did when I'm all done...but it sure doesn't right now. It feels like I've been doing this for months.
 
The fatigue....that's something else. Some days I feel pretty good, though nowhere near "normal". Others, it's all I can do to drag my carcass around the house and drive myself to and from the treatments.

I do think the depression might be a bit better. Again, not anywhere back to my old self, but at least I can talk about having cancer without bursting into tears. Usually. I didn't ask for an antidepressant. I decided I would if I thought it was getting any worse...but it didn't. So I'm holding off, for now. I'm sick of taking medicine and don't want another damn pill if I can help it. 

Phhhhffffffttttt...............I'm just sick of the whole thing.
 

2 Comments:

At 4:38 AM , Anonymous vwbug said...

You are an amazing person. I csn't even imagine the ability to blog about something like this. Hugs and prayers and good thoughts.

 
At 7:13 AM , Blogger Pammy said...

Thanks, VW. Prayers, hugs and good thoughts are what's helped me get through this.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home