Monday, May 19, 2014

I'm too tired to think of a title

I think my brain has been irradiated, too.

Today was Canadian protocol number 16. That's the end of the "regular" radiation treatments. Can't celebrate yet, though...still have six more "boosts" to go....and the boosts just focus on the tumor site, not the whole breast. Thank gawd. I honestly don't think I could take anymore regular treatments. My poor boob....it's red, swollen and the skin has started to break down underneath and a little under my arm. Think of a really bad sunburn....with blistering. Yea. It's like that. Oh, and let's throw some intense itching in there...just to make it really interesting.

I did find some great cream for the tender skin, though. I'd been using 99% pure aloe vera gel and I do think it helped until this point. It doesn't do much for the skin breakdown, though. I went online (how on earth did we manage to research anything before the internet?) and found
  • My Girls' Cream
  • . It's all-natural (so the radiation docs approve of it) and it's comparable to MiaDerm, which is also great, but it's over 30 bucks a tube. The My Girls is less expensive and you get a nice, big jar of it. And I found it...where else?....on Amazon. So there's your recommendation for the day. I hope you don't ever have to use it.

    The fatigue. Ohhhh, my. How can I explain it? Imagine the tiredest you've ever been. Now multiply that by about 10. Then, ya know how you feel after you've been in a pool for a couple of hours and then you get out? Like you weigh at least 500 pounds? And you can barely drag yourself around? Yea. Add that to the tiredness. And I do think it affects your brain, too. It's like I'm....foggy. All the time. Not nearly as sharp as I'm capable of being.

    But, drag myself, I will. My gorgeous granddaughter graduates from Junior High tomorrow night. And I will be there. My best friend and I are going and we'll be gone 3 days. It'll be a nice break from all the medical crap. And it's always great to see my kids, not to mention that Jill, my bestie always makes me feel better. Even on my worst days, she can make me laugh...I really don't know how I'd have gotten though all this without her love and support, our lunches every week and our chats back and forth on Facebook.

    So, there we are. Damn near done. When this is all over, maybe I can blog about fun stuff again.

    Yea. Lookin forward to that......


    1 Comments:

    At 6:21 AM , Blogger pamibe said...

    Congrats to the graduate! Hope the break makes you feel 100% better!

     

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home