Thursday, July 01, 2010

Reflection

The river was unusually calm yesterday evening and I managed to catch the reflection of the twilight-ish sky in the water.





I also managed to catch my first fish of the season, a little perch.



They were biting like crazy...but "they" were mostly 10-12 inch channel cats...not big enough to mess with. I did manage to snag a really nice sized bullhead, though. Now I just need a couple-three of his buddies to join him in the freezer.

I should have taken photos of da Zigster and me trying to clean him. It took a ball-peen hammer, a butcher knife, a paring knife, a pair of pliers and both of us to kill and dress the damn thing. Neither of us has skinned and gutted a catfish in a lotta years, so it took a while, but we got 'er done.

Now that I'm "officially" unemployed, I plan to do a lotta fishin.

  • Jeremy Wade
  • I ain't....but I'm gonna do a lotta fishin, anywho.

    4 Comments:

    At 9:29 PM , Blogger Omnibabe said...

    The photos are gorgeous... and your summer haircut is adorable!

     
    At 10:47 PM , Blogger Nate said...

    I'm with you, fishing beats working. Once I get the backyard sprinkler overhaul completed, I'm going to be fishing much more often!

     
    At 10:58 PM , Blogger Mrs. Who said...

    I miss being on the water and catching fish. Of course now, we couldn't eat the fish because of the damn oil spill!!!

     
    At 2:05 PM , Blogger Elisson said...

    Nice fish - and beautiful sky/water shots!

     

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home