Friday, April 16, 2010

Invasion of the Pammy Snatchers

I don't wanna toot my own horn, but...

I LOST 5.6 POUNDS!

In one week. And I didn't even suffer. Much.

So I joined Weight Watchers a week ago today. I also joined the Y again and started water walking in their TURTTLE pool. I don't know what TURTTLE stands for. I assume it's some kinda acronym, but maybe somebody just didn't know how to spell TURTLE. So anywho, this pool is like a channel, 3 ft. deep (which hits me just under my boobs) and has a fairly strong current.

The idea is to...well...walk (or jog) around it, as the water makes it really easy on the joints and the current helps with the whole resistance thing. While it's not anywhere near close to say...running a 5K, it IS way more exercise than I'm used to, for sure. It's a good workout if you do it right.

Aaaanyway...somehow I arrived at the deduction that I should walk the pool for 30 minutes, three times a week.

So, here's the running conversation I have in my head while I'm walking:

The first 5 minutes: "Ohhhh...the water feels good. This is great...not too crowded. This 30 minutes will fly by. Awww...look at the old couple...aren't they sweet, bless their hearts."

The 15 minute mark: "Damn. I've only been in here 15 minutes? Why don't those two old guys stop running their yaps and get outa my way?"

The 20 minute mark: "I fucking HATE this fucking water. Why in the hell did I ever decide that I needed to do this for thirty fucking minutes? And why has my OCD decided to kick in now, essentially forcing me to finish the whole 30 minutes or something horrible will happen? Move your saggy ass, you old gurn!"

The 25 minute mark: "For chrissake! Is that fucking clock stopped? I'm startin to look like Pruny McPruneass. Oh. My. Gawd. Please promise me if I ever get that old, you'll kill me."

The 30 minute mark: "Wow! 30 minutes? Already? That wasn't bad at all!"

I dunno why, but I feel like this attempt to lose weight is different. Maybe it's because I had such an easy time quitting smoking. I feel like maybe...just maybe...no, I feel like I will do it.

I don't have any wild illusions that I'll become truly thin. Ain't gonna happen. I just want to be at a weight that I feel good at...and I'm pretty sure I can get there.

I figure by this weekend, Ziggy's gonna start lookin for pods in the basement.

1 Comments:

At 9:53 AM , Anonymous mostly cajun said...

good for you!

It isn't easy ALL the time...

MC

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home