Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Have you had your leafy greens today?

Mmmmmmm.....kale.



Next time you're at the grocery store, grab a bundle of the squiggly-leafed, dark green super-food.

Bring it home, give it a quick rinse and a shake, strip it off the woody stem and chop it up...the whole bundle. Trust me.

Now put a little olive oil in a pan. Chop up a half a big onion and brown it. Chop a couple-three nice chicken breasts...bite sized pieces. Throw it in the pan. When the chickie is browned, grate in 3 or 4 nice big cloves of garlic...or to your own taste and season with some kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.

Now throw in the kale. All of it. Drizzle a little more EVOO over the top, put a lid on it and turn the heat down. Let it cook...oh...I dunno...10 minutes. Until all the kale wilts down.

While you're wilting the kale, throw on a big pot of water and cook up some whole wheat pasta of your choice. Personally, I like linguine or fettuccine.

Drain the pasta, reserving a ladle-full of the starchy water. Throw the starchy water into the pan of chicken and kale and add the pasta.

Toss all together and eat it up.

5 Comments:

At 11:20 PM , Blogger Nate said...

Sounds very yummy!

 
At 11:07 PM , Blogger Cheesehead said...

I'll have to try that. I usually cook it with 2 bacon strips.

 
At 5:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds delish!! trying to eat more healthy and this is a keeper. SusieQ

 
At 8:04 PM , Anonymous Bou said...

I'm going to have to try this. I've been hesitant about Kale... but everything I read says I should be eating it!

 
At 10:09 PM , Anonymous MrsDoF said...

Oh, dear goodness, that sounds yummy... I'm gonna have to try it soon.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home