Monday, February 08, 2010

Blah, blah, blah....

...it's not just a title, it's a way of life.
______________________________

I haven't been out of the house since last Thursday.

We're supposed to get 6-8 inches of snow tonight, so I probably won't get out of the house until this Thursday, as I'm guessing we'll have a snow day tomorrow and I don't work on Wednesdays, anyway.

Yipee.
_______________________________

It's been 5 weeks and a day since I've smoked.

I still have the urge every 30 minutes or so, though.
_______________________________

Sarah Palin doesn't have to use a damn teleprompter...she uses
  • notes scribbled on her hand
  • ...like most 11th graders. Which is just about where I've got her intelligence pegged at.
    Caribou Barbie's voice grates on my ears like fingernails on a chalkboard.
    You betcha!
    _______________________________

    That uber-classy (yes, I'm being sarcastic) Chicago pawnbroker,
  • Scott Lee Cohen
  • ...does he have a textbook case of narcissistic personality with a side of sociopathic personality disorder...or is he just plain stupid?
    ________________________________

    I fucking hate snow. And I'm gettin damn sick and tired of the weather people calling it a "snow event". It's a fucking snowstorm, you imbeciles. An "event" is something you look forward to...like...a prom. Or a wedding. I do not look forward to schlepping through ass-deep snow and freezing all my little delicate parts off, thankyouverymuch.
    ________________________________

    Oh...and as if giving up the smokes isn't enough, I'm desperately trying to avoid the carbs and eat healthy.

    I want a fucking donut. And a piece of pie.
    ________________________________

    It's pretty bad when I feel like all I have to look forward to is the next episode of
  • Hoarders
  • because it makes me feel so much better about my own housekeeping abilities.
    ________________________________

    Maybe I have cabin fever.

    Ya think?

    3 Comments:

    At 10:19 AM , Blogger 007and a half said...

    :-) Just dropping by from London. I love your blog. I stumbled across you whilst looking for myself (?where am I?) as you and I share the same profile wording "young enough". Snort, I wish (speaking personally, not on your account, naturally).

    Oh, rats, just remembered, I just made my blog invitation only but if you care to mail me on rare.bird.of.paradise(at)googemail.com, I'll send you an invite and we can compare notes on life for the middle aged, reasonably sane (snort again), woman in London and Illinois. Oh, assuming you too are a part-time Master Spy, part-time desperate housewife ;-)

     
    At 3:53 PM , Blogger Omnibabe said...

    I'll hit the 8 week mark this Friday, and it gets better every day. You might not be so cranky if you'd stop worrying about the weight until you get over the cigarette cravings. I'm giving myself two more weeks, THEN I'll start to tackle that battle.

    One vice at a time, Pammy. One vice at a time...

     
    At 2:35 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

    "Hoarder's" makes me feel better about my housekeeping, too, and it along with "Intervention" make me feel pretty damn mentally healthy. Now I just need to go hang out at the DMV and I'll feel way prettier, and smarter, too!
    Oh, and P.S. I've actually been blogging lately, after an extended absence!

     

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home