Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Sniff.....sniff....

One of the advantages of not smoking (aside from the obvious, of course) is that I can smell things better. More...intensely.

In a house with two cats and a man, that's not always a good thing.

As a perfume "collector", though...well...it's only intensified my love of the good-smellin stuff. And since I'm not spendin my money on ciggies, I can satisfy my olfactory urges a little more frequently. So I have.

Nice Mr. UPS man delivered my newest acquisition today.
  • Aquolina's Pink Sugar




  • Which doesn't really smell like sugar. It's more like...vanilla/caramel-y. It's luscious, though I don't usually like the overly sweet perfumes. It's got just enough of an edge of...something...that tones down the sweetness a bit.

    Though it's not as new as the Pink Sugar, another I've recently acquired is
  • Lolita Lempicka


  • Funny name. Fabulous scent. Soft. Not overly flowery or sweet. Interesting. And the bottle is like a little piece of art.



    I've always loved lemony scents. Since Pledge doesn't make a perfume, I found one that satisfies my citrus craving.

  • Fresh's Sugar Lemon




  • It smells like a took a bath in a vat of extra-tart lemonade. Fresh and vibrant and spicy...Yummy!

    Though it's not really new, one of my all-time favorite 'fumes is
  • Philosophy's Amazing Grace




  • I love the incongruity and irony of associating the name with moi...I am amazingly not graceful...as much as I do the lovely, clean scent.

    I really don't think you have to spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars on good perfume. Unless you can, of course. Then...well...lucky you!

    Strangely enough, I ordered every one of these online...without ever sampling them...based solely on the description and/or reviews.

    I lucked out.

    And I'm keeping the nice Mr. UPS man busy.

    2 Comments:

    At 12:43 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

    Wow, they all sound wonderful. Like you, I don't like floral or overly sweet. It's that mysterious edge that gets to me, too.

     
    At 5:23 PM , Blogger Michele said...

    Isn't it amazing what one smells when the cigarette smoke clears out of our noses??

    I'm like you, I smoked for years and never knew what I was missing. It's been 16 years now since I quit,,,gawd a whole lifetime ago!

     

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home