Friday, January 08, 2010

Yes, Virginia...

...you can freeze your ass off in Illinois.


Thanks,
  • Connie!


  • Unfortunately, my ass always seems to grow back.

    It's damn cold here. Down to 0 tonight with winds up to 35 mph, making the wind chill some ridiculously, astronomically low number. Thankfully, I don't have to be out in it...unlike da Zigster, bless him heart.

    Nevertheless, it's pretty damn chilly here in our normally-cozy riverside retreat.
    ********************************

    In other news...get this...I've quit smoking. Well, both da Zigster and I have...neither of us could do it without the other. Yup. Cold turkey, baby. Haven't had a ciggie since last Sunday night...damn...that's five, whole days! If I do say so myself, it's going remarkably well.

    Oh, I miss it...bad, sometimes...but I think it's more the "habit" part than the nicotine. I think I'm pretty much over the withdrawal part. (knocking wood)

    Though I know I'll be healthier for it, that's not the reason I...eh...we...quit. It was just gettin too damn expensive. To be honest, if it wasn't so expensive, I'd keep smokin, if for no other reason than to piss the smoking nazis off.

    So how's all that extra "sin tax" on cigarettes workin for ya, Illinois? Ya jacked the price up so high...in order to drum up revenue...that nobody can afford it. So there goes your revenue. Dumbasses.

    I'm not holdin my breath, no pun intended...this is really my first "serious" attempt...but I'm feelin good about it. So far.
    *********************************

    I'll probably get my name slapped right on ole Janet's "watch list" for mentioning this, but I once had a Kurdish lover.

    Sounds like the beginning of a bad limerick, huh?

    Anyway, he was a very intelligent, tender, insightful, incredibly interesting young man. He was a good friend. He was an honest-ta-gawd morale booster when I needed it the most.

    And he's gone.

    And that's all I'll say about that. Except that I'm kinda sad right now.

    Khoda hafaz...salam aleikam.

    Labels:

    4 Comments:

    At 2:26 PM , Blogger Omnibabe said...

    Good for you and the Zigster. I quit three weeks ago, cold turkey, as well. Honestly? It's been easier and more effective than anything else I tried...

     
    At 3:45 PM , Blogger LoisW said...

    Hilarious..... if it weren't so true!!!!

     
    At 5:49 PM , Blogger Nate said...

    Good for you. For both of you. In spite of my continued cigar smoking bad habit, I'm wishing success to both of you on kicking the habit.

     
    At 8:04 AM , Blogger Commander Zaius said...

    I quit sodas right before New Year. Holding fast but I've been surprised how much it has hurt. Exercising again as well but no where near the pace I need to lose weight.

    Sorry about your friend. As for getting on the watch list, I've been in communication with an Iranian lady whose has a blog since before the election. I figure I have beat you to the list. Her blog is listed on my blogroll.

     

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home