Monday, April 12, 2010

Spppprrrrrooooiiiiinnnnngggggg!!

That's the sound of spring...well...springing...around here.

The pelicans are back! The pelicans are back!


The Mallards, however...well, they never leave...




Maggie and Milton take a stroll around the yard.


Everything's blooming and I'm so ready to start planting I can't stand it. I'm trying to hold off until at least the 25th...there's been many a time I've gotten antsy to plant and had everything freeze when we got a hard frost at the end of April.

But this waiting stuff is damn hard for an impatient person.

In other news, I joined Weight Watchers last week. I've gained almost 20 pounds since I quit smoking (I'm still doing great at that, thankfully.) and I've got to do something. Ya know...I know WW works great for some people...but damn...is it ever a racket. I can't see myself being a "member" for too awful long...I'm just not a "joiner". I figure if I can quit smoking, I can surely stop shoving food into my mouth. Surely. heh

I also joined the Y again to use their walking pool. I think that'll probably help as much as anything. That, however, entailed buying a new swim suit.

Oh. My. Gawd. I feel awful sorry for all those other folks that show up to use the pool at the same time as me.

And that's all I'm gonna say about that.

Wish me luck...I'm gonna need it.

1 Comments:

At 9:47 AM , Anonymous mostly cajun said...

Pammy--

Try livestrong.com. Set up an account. Enter a little personal stuff. Set a weight goal. Track EVERYTHING you eat.

I dropped forty pounds using them.

And congrats on the smoking thing.

MC

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home