Friday, June 18, 2010

Feeling bettah

I'm still bummed about losing my job. Sorta.

But I'm starting to actually look forward to it. A little.

Ok, a lot.

Now that I know it's coming, I'm already gone. In my head, anyway. My body's still there. Mostly.

I'd be really happy if this damned weather would cooperate. It's beastly hot, a storm blows through, dumps a couple of inches of rain and drops the temp 20 degrees, it blows over, the sun comes out, the temperature goes back up to 90 and the humidity closely follows.

It's like living in Florida...without the driverless Buicks putting down the highway at a hair-raising 35 miles an hour.

Case in point: this afternoon's storm, blowing in over the river.


(This photo made WEEK TV's weathercast at 6 tonight.)


3 Comments:

At 4:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

gosh, that river looks so pretty, storm clouds and all.
We've got the clouds in DM, only w/o the view... sigh

glad you're coming to grips with the imposed 'vacation'. Things have a way of working out. Enjoy it while you can. ♥ s'Q

 
At 7:56 AM , Blogger Commander Zaius said...

It's like living in Florida...without the driverless Buicks putting down the highway at a hair-raising 35 miles an hour.

I truly wish I was in such a situation. It would be an improvement over South Carolina.

 
At 7:45 PM , Blogger Ramble On said...

Glad you are on an upswing....except for the heat and humidity.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home