Friday, September 14, 2007

Content

That'd be content...not content.

Wanna little peek into my evening? Or into my head?

I'm looking out the window. The twilight is chilly and windy and the river looks cold, dark and angry.

But I'm inside where it's cozy. The lamp in the corner is throwing a warm light across the honey-colored knotty pine ceiling, making it glow like amber. There's a pot of spicy chili, simmering on the stove. The scent of a pumpkin-spice candle is infusing the air with a sweet/cinnamony scent and making an unusual, albeit pleasant, juxtaposition with the smell of the chili. Spicy/sweet. Nice.

To really set the stage, you'd think I'd have some nice classical music playing in the background, wouldn'tcha? Or maybe some cool jazz? Pachelbel or Miles Davis?

Nope. "The Return of the Pink Panther", circa 1975, is providing tonight's background noise. I've seen it more times than I can count, but Peter Sellers' bumbling French Inspector Closeau character never fails to make me laugh. And it makes me miss Ziggy. He does a great Closeau imitation.

"Do you have zee pro-pare liz-ance for zee munkee?"

They don't make comedy like that anymore. Sad.

It's supposed to frost tonight. It's too early. I love fall, but I'm not quite ready for summer to be over. I'll miss hangin out on the deck, listening to Buffett, watchin the pelicans and the gulls and the geese. I'll miss the flowers. But I can't wait to see the river, the surrounding woods and all their inhabitants change. Can't wait to see the trees change...I bet they're gorgeous around here. Can't wait to spot that first bald eagle...they tell us that they're thick in this area.

Ooooo...and Halloween. I love Halloween. I went and bought a shit-load of Halloween decorations the other day. We really never had the space or the inclination to decorate when we lived in the apartment. I mean...like...who's gonna see 'em? But here...it's perfect. A witch and her cauldron and a couple of black cats will replace the hibiscus and the flamingos in the mulched area. A wicked-looking fake punkin with a light will replace the white, filmy outside lights and orange twinkle lights will replace the bamboo patio lights on the deck. BOO!

So, if it's nice Sunday, I'm thinkin Zig's got some "projects" to work on. Poor baby hasta work Saturday night. I hate that. I've finally finagled my way into the perfect job with perfect hours, but he's still stuck in that hell-hole with idiots for bosses. I'll hafta be especially nice to him Sunday. Wink-wink...nudge-nudge.

Awwww...who'm I' kiddin? I'm especially nice to him alla time. I kinda like him, ya know?

Ok. I'm gonna hit the shower. No more peeking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home