Saturday, August 18, 2007

I'm going green

Won't Al Gore be thrilled?



See this? It's a double hibiscus. The Zigster can't remember the name of it, so he calls it a "sea-biscuit". The damn thing bloomed all summer...always had five or six big blossoms on it. Right up until the wedding. When I wanted it most, naturally. Then, nothin. Nada. Zip.

I had wanted to use some of the blooms in my bouquet...or float some in the little kiddie pool. Ha. Like I said, nothin.



And this. See this? It's a lisianthus. Zig can't remember the name of it, either. So he calls it "Lizzie's anus".

See what kinda guy I married?

Anywho, I wanted to use some of this in my bouquet, too. But would it bloom then? Noooooo siree, Bob. Nothin. I'd had it for a couple of months...so it should have bloomed by then. It had buds on it, even. I dunno what happened to 'em, but they sure as shit didn't show up for the weddin.

But now? Just look at all the blooms. They stare at me through the glass of the front door. Mocking. Jeering. It's like they're thumbin their little noses at me.

I'm thinkin very seriously of goin all green next year. No bloomers at all. Just fillin every pot I have with a mix of greenery.



Like this. It's a mix of coleus, springerii fern and vinca vine. I've got two big pots of those and just look! Full and lush and beautiful with very little care. None of this picky deadheadin or special fertilizers. Water. That's it. We've watered 'em and let 'em go.

Yup. Screw all those beautiful, picky, tempermental blooming plants.

Fuckin prima-donnas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home