Wednesday, March 14, 2007

I shouldn't give him any ideas

If you see one of these floatin around on the river later this summer, be sure to wave...it'll be us



Even before we knew we'd be moving someplace on the water, we kicked around the idea of buying a boat.

Really, the only reason that we haven't is because we don't have anyplace to store it during the winter. Well, there's that and the fact that neither of us has a vehicle stout enough to pull a boat and trailer any distance.

Now that we know we're gonna be right on the water...not to mention there's a marina within walking distance...the conversation has, once again, turned to buying a boat. Or making one. (ahem)

We absolutely don't want anything fancy. Nothng fast or powerful. I know how boats go...a lotta times, they're a big, gaping hole that you pour money into and rarely get to use because something isn't working right.

We've played around with the idea of a canoe. Um...no. Jon boat. Nah. Don't think so. We've even looked at one of those big paddle boats...some even come with a trolling motor, canopy and seat four people. Eh...maybe, but I'm not so sure.

My idea of a great boat is a party-barge. Some plain-jane pontoon that we can putt-putt around in or just stop and hang out. Something with a motor that won't always have something wrong with it. Something small. But big enough that you can stand up and walk around without fear of capsizing every time you wanna change positions. Big enough that you still have some room for a cooler and
maybe a small grill...so ya can stop on a sandy beach somewhere and grill a burger.

But new pontoons are expensive. Even small-ish, plain-jane ones. And though I've been kinda looking, I haven't seen anything of the used variety for sale. So Ziggy, being a very creative and imaginative guy, is all for the idea of making our own.

Now, I'm pretty imaginative, too. And as far as creativity goes, I think I'm one damn creative chick. But we're talkin water, here. Sometimes deep water. Sometimes, rough water. I know I've often said that I'd trust Ziggy with my life....but...maybe I didn't mean that quite so...literally.

Anybody got a used pontoon for sale?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home