Friday, March 02, 2007

How do Pammy get her groove back?

I used to be kinda funny. I used to be able to write reasonably well. Ok, so maybe "reasonably well" is a stretch. But dammit...I'm a good speller, at least.

I used to be a little...well...edgy.

I think my edge has been dulled.

Fr'instance, I used to love to write about stuff like
  • this
  • .

    Liquid looooove. Say it. Just rolls right off the ole tongue and drips on the floor like little balls of mercury, doesn't it? Remember playing with mercury in science class? It's magic. Ephemeral.

    Kinda like female ejaculation.

    Oh, I wasn't nearly as good as
  • Erin
  • . But I had my own kind of crude style.

    I used to write a lot more about sex. Because it was one of my favorite subjects. Still is. On my first incarnation of Lolly (may she rest in peace), I wrote a long piece about the swinging lifestyle. Hah. Lifestyle. I always thought that was such a silly word...kind of pretentious, really...to describe what most swingers do only occasionally.

    Aaaanywho, even had the damn thing published in a local free-rag. Evidently it was good enough to publish. Either that or the editor just needed to fill up some space.
    (If anybody knows that for a fact, don't tell me, k? Just let me remain wrapped up in the warm faux-fur cocoon of my little fantasy.)

    I'd always try to temper my writing about sex with humor. Because humor is one of my favorite things, too. I think the two go hand in hand. Uh...penis in vagina? Face it. Sex can be funny. And there's just not many things better than being comfortable enough with your partner (er...partners?) to laugh during sex.

    Ok, back to my edge. And why I've lost it. And why I'm posting about stupid, fucking inane things like my new glasses.

    The thing is...I'm not so sure I've lost it. Entirely. But it seems to be in some sort of strange...limbo. Maybe it's because I'm older. Gawddammit. Maybe it's because I'm working again and have less time to ponder the whole male/female-female/female-male/male-male/sheep dynamic. I know that it's not because it's not as important to me as it once was. It's still important. Just not quite so...urgently...so nowdays.

    Honestly, I think I know what it is. I think I stopped talking about sex...stopped being edgy...because I thought it made some people feel a little...hinky. A fat, middle-aged gramma talking about....sex? Ewwwwwww! Everybody knows that only young, beautiful, thin people have sex, right? They're the only ones that should talk about it.

    Screw. That.

    Pammy's workin her way back into the groove.

    But don't blame me. It's all Erin's fault.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home