Thursday, October 05, 2006

I'm not gonna miss the adrenalin...

...not much, anyway.

The first ER I worked in, I looooved it. Loved it. It pretty much went downhill from there. In fact, over the years and the jobs, I became pretty much toasted when it came to nursing, in general. I'd had it. Up to my eyeballs. If not for the adrenalin rushes every now and then, I'd have probably quit long before I did. Adrenalin's a pretty addictive thing, though.

This job I have now...well, there's like no adrenalin. None. Nada. Zip. Which is gonna suit me just fine. It's got something else, though. It's got some women who are on the same page as me...about lots of things. We've just got lots in common, both professionally and non.

They're all just as nice as can be. I picked up on that my first day. And they take their jobs seriously...most of the time. But they DO take it with a grain of salt, if ya know what I mean. From three different women, I've heard "It's not rocket science." So far, I've not found one "gung-ho, balls to the wall, we're gonna save the world!" gal.

YAY!!!

Let's face it...at this point in my life, my focus...my goal...is NOT to save the world. I'm too old and jaded for that shit. Let the young ones try it...see how far they get. My goal isn't even to save a person's life. Hell, I'm doin good to take care of my own damn self.

I definitely found some kindred spirits. That might be waaaay better than adrenalin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home