Friday, June 30, 2006

BUI or 'You can't go home again'

That'd be 'blogging under the influence'. Oooo...I think I spelled everything right, even.

I never drink alone. Well, hardly ever. I can probably count the times I've done so on one hand. Tonight, I might hafta start on the left hand.

I dunno why, but a little drinky-poo just sounded good. And it was sooooo good that I've had three. I might even have anohter one. Or three.

And I"m so excited! Nooooo...not that way. I mean excited about our weekend plans. We're heading south...to this place.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

'Course Ziggy doesn't know it yet, but he'll be cool with it. He likes it when I take charge and make plans. hehe I'll tell him tonight when he gets home and you watch...he'll say "Cool!" I love how easy he is.

I know. It doesn't look like much. Believe me, it ain't. It's "The Boat" tavern in Bath. It's home. Well, the tavern isn't home...but Bath is. And, even better, one of my bestest friends, Mary (which may or may not be her name), is gonna meet us there. Or maybe The Brick. That's a cool place, too. My grandma and grandpa ran it for years. Kinda cool to go back and see how the joint has changed.

Ya know, I understand the whole "you can't go home again" thing. I forget who said it. But ya can. Sorta. I mean, no...things will never, ever be like they were. But it IS sorta like going home again whenever I go back...which isn't very often. It's great to see people I grew up with, went to shcool with. I'd never wanna live back there again, though. There's nothing there. And I mean literally nothing. Except a couple of bars. Besides that, if we DID live there, it wouldn't be any fun to go back and visit, now would it?

Back in the stone age, we used to do a little something we'd call 'checkin out the crops'. We'd get a cooler and a 12 pack and just cruise all the country roads...checkin out the crops, listenin to the radio and drinkin beer. 'Course, there were multiple 'hang onto the back bumper and pee' breaks. If you were REALLY good, ya could do it without hangin on...but it was always a challenge.

I know...no lectures about drinkin and drivin, ok? Back THEN, it was THE thing to do. No one I know ever got killed...hell, most of the time, we didn't drive over 20 miles an hour. And you could drive miles and miles on those backroads down around Snicarte and never meet another car for hours. (Somebody...go ahead...ASK me where the hell Snicarte is...I dare ya)It was a VERY rare occurance if ya got stopped by the cops...and even if ya did, if you were polite, ya rarely got more than a "be careful" outa 'em.

I know things have changed. It's like we were slow, fun drunks. Today's drunks are fast...and mean. Aaahahahahhahaa! Now, THAT sounds ridiculous, I know. But you know what I mean, right?

Gawd, I miss those days.

Anywho, I've already got the camera in my purse. There are SOME things that happen down there that you've just GOTTA have pictures of...otherwise, no one would believe ya.

Have a safe and fun 4th, eveyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home