Friday, June 30, 2006

It's like the Sopranos meet I Love Lucy



Meerkats have always been my favorite "exotic" animal, so last summer I was tickled when I discovered that our local zoo has a couple of the entertaining little critters. It cracked me up...this little guy climbed right up on the stump alongside Karsin and posed for me! After I took a couple photos and put the camera down, he went right back to...well...doing whatever it is meerkats do.

Which segues nicely into....has anyone caught the new "reality" series
  • Meerkat Manor
  • on Animal Planet yet?

    Oh. My. Gawd.

    It's like the Sopranos, All My Children and I Love Lucy, all rolled into one show and plopped right in the middle of the Kalahari desert.

    I see that
  • Laura
  • is hooked, too.

    "What would you do if your daughter was out slumming around with a rival gang member? Or if your other daughter was pregnant without your consent? Or if your brother- in- law took one of your babies and left it in the hot sun to die? Or if your most reliable son was bitten by a puff adder and seemed doomed to a certain fate? What if your house was invaded and you had to move out, into the hot dessert sun, and there was nothing to eat except beetles and scorpions and centipedes? And you are the Matriarch of the family, the one woman that everyone depends on! How are you supposed to keep your SANITY???"

    Americal Idol? Pfffffffft! The Apprentice? BAH! Survivor? Buncha pussies.

    THIS is a reality show.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home