Sunday, June 18, 2006

Headline writing - 101

Now, I'm sure I don't have to remind you that I'm a
  • bonafide pervert
  • .

    But doesn't this headline just seem....wrong...to you, somehow?

    A priest dreams big for kids

    The story is
  • here
  • .

    This particular priest is probably a great guy. And he's got a vision that sounds good on paper, anyway.

    That's not my point.

    In the light of all the current hoo-hah about pedophile priests who've been accused of sexually abusing children, I think this particular columnist might have chosen a little bit different headline.

    'Course, not everyone thinks like I do. Which is probably a good thing.

    And, as if that wasn't bad enough, I almost choked on my coffee when I read...

    The Rev. Cassidy is pastor of St. Ann's Catholic Church, and he has just been named the head of the Peoria diocese's Cursillo-TEC movement. Obviously, he has his hand in many things.

    Uh......

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home