Monday, June 12, 2006

Beat me, whip me, make me work


Before


After


Before


After

Had the living/dining room and hallway carpet cleaned today. Whatta job. 'Course, I suppose I coulda picked a company that moved the furniture for ya, but they were recommended. Besides that, I like handlin my stuff myself, ya know? It's not that we have anything really valuable, but...I dunno...I just don't like strangers handlin my stuff.

'Course, I don't suppose I'd squawk much if a really hunky guy wanted to handle my stuff....

But I digress.

Anywho, I've gotta provide a little company pimpage. The company, Maloney's, did a great job. They were here exactly when they said they'd be. Well, ok...they were 15 minutes late. But I figure that's perfectly acceptable. It only took him about an hour and he paid special attention to the traffic areas and a couple little stubborn spots that I couldn't get out myself. And, cheap, cheap, cheap. 65 bucks took me all the way.

Ziggy and I piled all the furniture on the patio, and in the spare and master bedrooms yesterday and this morning, and I'm just now (it's nearly 9 pm) gettin everything put back. And I'm pooped with a capital 'P'...which rhymes with 'B'...which stands for "By gawd, I got all the furniture lifted, dragged, pushed or pulled back into place and everything dusted, fluffed and buffed."

Only a couple little details to finish...hanging the freshly washed curtains back up and puttin the rug under the dining table.

But I think those will hafta wait til tomorrow. I hear a hot bubblebath callin my name.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home