Friday, June 09, 2006

Heeeeeere's Johnny!



Caught
  • The Shining
  • on A&E tonight...the original, Kubrick version...for probably the fifth or sixth time.

    Genius. Pure genius. The whole aura of the movie is dark and foreboding. And I swear...the winter storm shots? I can feel 'em. They can make me chilled, even if it's 80 degrees.

    Nicholson is brilliant as the recovering alkie who slowly goes insane/becomes possessed. What a perfect choice of actors...that whole wicked eyebrow thing he's got goin on. (No offense there, Eyebrows)

    But, Shelly Duvall? Good GAWD. It's no wonder she's seemed to fall off the face of the earth. Every time I watch it, I'm amazed that anyone could even consider her an actress. She's just....really stinks. I've gotta admit, though...she was a perfect "Olive Oyl", looks-wise, anyway.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home