Monday, June 05, 2006

B - because I can't think of a title

  • Junebugg
  • nailed me with a little exercise. Ok, she didn't exactly nail me. I asked for it, but I'm sure glad she didn't assign me X, Y or Z. Or Q.

    "Write ten words beginning with the letter you've been given. Include an explanation of what each word means to you and why. If you want to play, ask for a letter in the comments section and I'll issue you a letter".

    My letter happens to be 'B'. Obviously, I'll skip
  • ballsy
  • 'cause it's already been addressed. heh

    Brilliant - No, I'm not. Not by a long shot. But, it's the first 'B' word I thought of. I've always thought of 'brilliant' as kinda onomopoetic. Pronouncing it sorta sounds like what it describes. Plus, I really like how the Brits use it.

    Brusque - Same thing. I'm not, but doesn't it just sound...well....brusque?

    Bitchy - Ok. I can be bitchy. It's rare, but it happens.

    (Gee...I thought 'B's would be easy. I'm struggling here.)

    Bite - Something I might do when I'm bitchy.

    Black - One of my favorite clothing colors. It's classy. It's timeless. Black is also a great little decorating trick. A touch or two in any room (a lampshade, a pillow) adds a little sophistication.

    Books - What can I say about books that hasn't already been said? Everyone's life is enriched by books.

    Beloved - What a perfectly lovely, underused word. My beloved. Ziggy is my beloved.

    Beautiful - I'm not that, either. But every woman, even if she knows it's not so, occasionally likes to be told that she is. Especially by her beloved.

    Buffett - Or 'buffet'. I'm a big fan of both.

    Basil - The herb, not
  • Rathbone
  • , though he did embody Sherlock Holmes, didn't he? I loooove fresh basil and grow it in a little pot on my patio. I like to go out, stand in the sun and sniff the basil, wallowing in it's earthy, licorice-y, Italian-y goodness. A few fresh basil leaves, a handful of warm grape tomatoes, a hunk of crusty Italian bread, a little Kosher salt and some good EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) and...Oooooo....it's Italy in your mouth.

    Uh. Kinda got off on a tangent there, didn't I?

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home