Saturday, January 01, 2011

That was the year that was

Happy New Year, all three of you die-hard Lollygaggin readers, bless yer little hearts. And everyone else that happens to stumble in accidentally.

I know. I've really, really sucked as a blogger this past year. I intend to change that. Really. I do intend to.

2010 has been good to me, more or less. It's not been the best year I've ever had health-wise. But it's not really been the worst, either. 2010 was the first year I really started to feel...old. Body-wise, I mean. My body is betraying me. I'm getting...wrinkly. Things don't bend or stretch as well as they did.

Except my boobs. They haven't had any problem stretching. (sigh) Luckily, my ass is so big that it shouldn't fall for a looooong time, so I suppose that's a plus.

Let's see if I can briefly recap my 2010...

I quit smoking on January 3, 2010...and haven't had a ciggie since. Gotta tell ya...I'm damn proud of that one because I have like...no willpower, whatsoever. Unfortunately, I gained about 20 pounds that I certainly didn't need.

Fuck. It's always somethin.

2010 brought me a heart-wrenching layoff at work. Luckily, I was called back less than a week later. Bastards. Puttin me through all that psychic trauma for nothin. Nevertheless, I'm back at a job I love and I'm very thankful for that.

In 2010, I lost friends and ex-lovers, but gained a great son-in-law and a couple new pals.

I flew for the first time (and probably the last...don't like it, no, no, no) in my life in 2010 and got to experience Vegas.

We bought a boat and spent as much time as we could on the river in 2010. And I snuck in a new car on the next-to-the-last day.



In 2010, I got a new camera and I've spent the year trying to capture the river and all her moods...







...and a few of the critters that call this area 'home'.











Happy New Year, everyone! May your 2011 be filled with love and laughter.

8 Comments:

At 5:47 PM , Blogger Omnibabe said...

Right back 'atcha, my friend!

 
At 6:10 PM , Blogger Ramble On said...

Best to you and yours for the New Year! Your photos are great. I really enjoy them. Glad you intend to blog more!

 
At 7:26 PM , Blogger Commander Zaius said...

Happy New Year Pammy! Here is hoping 2011 is a good one!
Great pictures, love the squirrel.

 
At 9:40 AM , Anonymous Bou said...

I love those pictures... the colors!

Good on you for quitting smoking. That is no small feat. As hard as it was... it was single handedly the hardest and best gift you gave yourself and that in itself makes 2010 a GREAT year!

Happy New Year!

 
At 9:08 PM , Blogger Mrs. Who said...

Happy New Year! And congratulations on quitting smoking.

 
At 10:16 PM , Blogger Cheesehead said...

Fantastic pics! I, too, have been a slacker on the blogging. If you figure out what will inspire you, please let me know! I need a little of that to get back to what I used to love to do.

Happy new year!

 
At 11:03 PM , Anonymous Patty Palaver said...

I love your pictures, Pammy. You just blog whenever you feel like it, we'll be around.

 
At 3:42 PM , Anonymous MrsDoF said...

Happy New Year plus a month!

Love all the pictures of the river.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home