Tuesday, November 02, 2010

I'm back. I'm beat. I'm broke.

It was fun and I'm glad I went.

Having said that, Las Vegas isn't somewhere I care to visit again. Frankly, I was far more interested in the tantalizing glimpses of the mountains that I could see just beyond the city.

Oh, and the first time flight? Don't care to do that again, either. I don't care whatcha say...humans are not meant to fly 30+ thousand feet off the ground at 600+ miles an hour. It ain't...right.

Photos are
  • here
  • 3 Comments:

    At 10:13 AM , Blogger Nate said...

    Looks to me from the slideshow that you took the grand tour of Europe. And next time you get on an airplane, come out to visit Utah. I'll show you some mountains! They actually start just about 1/4 mile up the hill behind my house!

     
    At 4:58 PM , Blogger Commander Zaius said...

    Drove through Vegas on an army bus twice, one time during the day the other at night. Vegas is frankly weird looking during the daylight, like someone had a bad idea to build a major city in the desert. At night its fantastic but being so far from the ocean its not my thing.

    I have heard of some great nature trips away from the city though that I would like to do.

    As for flying, I'm 6'-5" and its never fun for me in the best of circumstances.

     
    At 3:11 PM , Blogger curmudgeon said...

    Thanks for coming and giving us your money!
    And those mountains are just gorgeous when you get up in them. :)

     

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home