Tuesday, October 05, 2010

The river wild

It's an endless source of fascination for me.

Right now, it's loooow...really low. Low enough that a huge sandbar has appeared, half-way across. When the river is at a normal level, only a tiny bit of it is visible...and just to the north. At it's present size, it's become the perfect hangout for the ginormous flock of American white pelican that call this little neck of the woods "home"...for the summer, anyway.

They'll soon be off to warmer climes, so I wanted to grab a few shots of 'em before they leave.

(Click on photos to enlarge)









The wide variety of wildlife here in our front yard isn't the only source of fascination for me. Sometimes the sunrises are just...breathtaking.

2 Comments:

At 9:47 PM , Blogger LoisW said...

Great photos!

 
At 4:27 PM , Blogger Commander Zaius said...

I dig pelicans, they are funny looking birds, but then again so am I.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home