Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Inquisition...whatta show!

The Inquisition...here we go!



No, this post isn't about
  • History of the World, Part 1
  • ...one of my favorite movies, btw. Gotta love Mel Brooks.

    It's about another movie...a Milos Forman flick,
  • Goya's Ghosts
  • I think it's gonna be added to my list of all-time faves.

    Having been "restricted" to the house for the last week and a half, I've done a lotta tv watchin. I stumbled across this movie and got caught up in it.

    Now, I love a good historical flick...if it's not ponderous as they sometimes can be. This one's definitely not ponderous. It's also not so much about Goya..one of my favorite artists.

    It's set during the latter period of the Spanish Inquisition/Napoleon's invasion of Madrid.

    Strangely enough, getting past the fact that Goya is played by Stellan Skarsgard, a Swede...is easy. Despite the title of the film, it's not so much about Goya as it is about the greed, cruelty and hypocrisy of the Catholic church and specifically, Father Lorenzo, played by Javier Bardem, who is Spanish.

    Aaanywho, if ya like historical flicks, this one gets a thumbs up from moi.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home