Thursday, March 12, 2009

I think I may have changed my mind...

...about wanting to live on a houseboat.

Yesterday...



Today...


Yesterday...


Today...




Whatta difference a day makes, huh? And not in a good way.

Truth of the matter is, I'm gettin a little worried. It's every bit as high as it was last year. And now, it's not supposed to crest until tomorrow, though they're still sayin it not supposed to be as high as it was last year. I hope ta fuck they know what they're talkin about.

At the road's lowest point, the water is probably 4 1/2 feet deep. That means that da Zigster's chest waders are now...useless. We have an 8 ft. inflatable with a trolling motor that we bought last time...came in damn handy, lemme tell ya.
But the water is a lot colder than it was last September. It was 75-80 degrees last year. It's 20 today. And ya can't use the inflatable without gettin wet.

Last September, after the water went down, we also bought an old paddle boat from a neighbor. Yea, I know...after the water went down. Didn't do us much good then. Not sure it'll do us much good now...but da Zigster says he's gonna try to make it to work this afternoon.

I dunno, peeps. I think we're in for a bit of a mess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home