Friday, February 27, 2009

I got a monkey on my back

I know...I know. Just one short post ago, I was waxing poetic about how much I love my home.

Well, I do. I don't really need a bigger house.

But a smidge under 1,000 square feet of living space just isn't enough to feed this damn monkey on my back.

Monkey, thy name be....amateur interior decorator.

Do they have a seven-step program for those addicted to cunning little lamps, faux fur, Parsons chairs, micro-suede fabric and paint swatches? Is there any kind of...intervention... for those who find themselves simply unable to resist that utterly adorable zebra-striped area rug? Is there a methadone clinic out there that caters to the HGTV-addicted?

Is there a patch or gum to help me resist places like
  • West Elm
  • or
  • Pier One
  • or any of the three gazillion furniture/home decorating stores, both online and off, that I've recently been browsing?

    I mean...c'mon...just how many friggin pillows does one need for that brand new sofa...that hasn't even been delivered yet?

    But. But. But. Those rectangular red pillows that I snagged at TJ Maxx will be perfect against that espresso brown fabric! Just you nevermind about that half-dozen throw pillows that I already have. (Oh, yea. I forgot about TJ Maxx. They have awesome pillows.)

    And the damn sofa'll be here tomorrow, ok?

    And I reeeeallllly needed a couple of these...



    ...from the afore-mentioned West Elm. Well. Because. That's why. I mean, they'll be perfect as little pendant lights hanging over the half-wall, doncha think?

    And ya know that pair of modern looking, low-slung, wicker and iron chairs that I've had for...oh...about seven years now? The ones that I really don't have room for, but simply can't get rid of because I love 'em so much?

    I will find a way to make 'em work in a knotty-pine paneled living room. It is too a "look". It's called eclectic, ok?

    Thank gawd there's not an IKEA around here.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home