Saturday, August 30, 2008

Sarah Palin

I like some things about her. In fact, I like a lot more things about her than I do McCain.

I like the fact that she's not one of the good ole boys from Washington.
I like the fact that she's a lifetime member of the NRA.
I like the fact that she's not independently wealthy.
I like the fact that she supports ANWR oil drilling.

I don't like the fact that she's a prominent member of Feminists for Life.
I don't like the fact that she opposes gay marriage.
I don't necessarily believe that being the mayor of a small town and governor of Alaska for two years constitutes a whole lot of "experience".

I can't help but imagine, though, what was goin through McCain's head when he was searching for a viable VP candidate. I'm pretty sure he didn't choose Palin based solely on her merits.

McCain: "I need a woman. Preferably a Conservative woman. No, a Conservative, Black woman. No, I need a Conservative, Black/Hispanic woman with a slight physical disability. No...wait...maybe a Conservative, Black/Hispanic woman with a slight physical disability and an IQ of 140. Nah...scratch that. I need a Conservative, Black/Hispanic woman with a slight physical disability, an IQ of 140, 20 years of political experience, from a working class background, married and has at least one child with a genetic disorder, no skeletons in her closet and doesn't know what the word "pandering" means."

McCain's Advisors: ".......? Um...."

Update: Ahh...nevermind.
"Stein says that as mayor, Palin continued to inject religious beliefs into her policy at times. "She asked the library how she could go about banning books," he says, because some voters thought they had inappropriate language in them. "The librarian was aghast." That woman, Mary Ellen Baker, couldn't be reached for comment, but news reports from the time show that Palin had threatened to fire Baker for not giving "full support" to the mayor."

Found here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home