Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sunday

Faaaabulous day!

It started like this...



Only about 80 degrees, sunny and one of those bright days. It was so gorgeous, we figured that it was definitely a convertible day. We decided to do a little explorin...in Kickapoo.

We stopped here...



...browsed a bit and I found this...



It's funky and bizarre and I loved it on sight. It's a hand-carved peacock...I think...that's meant to be stuck in a potted plant...I think. Anywho, that's what I did with him...stuck him in my big herb pot.

All that browsing made us hungry, so we stopped here...



...for a cold beer and a home-made tenderloin. Great little hole-in-the-wall joint. First time we've been there, but it won't be the last.

Then we went furniture shoppin and came home with this...



Yes, indeedy...a full-sized recliner will fit in a PT Cruiser convertible. We looked like the Clampetts, but we got 'er done.

After unloadin the chair, rearrangin the living room and grabbin a shower, we retired to the deck with the camera and a glass of wine. Ok, Ziggy had iced coffee and *I* had wine. I caught the tail-end of a big "V" of geese that flew directly overhead....



...and I couldn't resist the bright red 'maters, ripening on the deck rail...



When it started gettin dark, we came inside, Ziggy gave me a massage which, of course, led to...ah...nevermind. And then we had strawberry shortcake.

I love Sundays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home