Monday, June 16, 2008

I was bitten by the freak bug

And not in a good way.

I don't know what it was. But I sure as shit don't want it again. It was a "two-fer".

I felt fine when I went to bed Saturday night. A couple of hours later, I was coughin my head off...and I was nauseated beyond description. I tossed and turned all night.

By the time early Sunday morning rolled around, I was....sick. I'm not kiddin. I was sicker than I can remember being in years. I seemed to have some kinda stomach bug and some kinda respiratory bug...at the same fuckin time.

Fever; chills; deep, wracking cough (I'm talkin "cough up a lung" kinda cough); stuffy nose; stomach cramps; vomiting. Smiling upon my fevered head, The Sick Gods spared me diarrhea. That was small comfort.

I'm not shittin ya, (no pun intended) my skin hurt. My hair hurt.

By 8 pm last night, I yearned for death.

Today? Better, but definitely not...well. Every little exertion leaves me shaky and sweatin like the proverbial whore in church. I still have a lingering, deep cough and feel kinda like Tony Soprano beat me with a bar of soap in a sock.

Freaky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home