Wednesday, May 02, 2007

The river...she is a moody bitch



I find myself watching the river a lot. I can sit at the table and look out the window and watch her go by. Yea, it's a "her". Gotta be.

I can stand in the kitchen, washing dishes and I get lost...mesmerized...just staring at her.

I go out on the deck at night and watch her.

In the short time we've been here, I've noticed that she has moods. In the early morning, she's Grace Kelly...smooth, calm and elegant. Yesterday, later in the day, she was all Audrey Hepburn in "Breakfast at Tiffany's"...cheerful and bubbly and sparkly. Champagne and diamonds.

At night, she's beautiful...quiet and dark and mysterious. Greta Garbo. She vants to be alone. I like her a lot at night. She has secrets she'll never tell.

Today? Today she was dark and angry and turbulent...and not very pretty. Yea, she got all Joan Crawford/Mommie Dearest on us today....

"Nooooo. Wire. HANGERS!"

It doesn't seem to matter what kinda mood she's in. She has the ability to calm me. I've noticed that in the last few days, too. My mind can be goin six ways to Sunday and all I hafta do is sit down and watch her for a while and it all just...goes away.

Even if she's a grouchy bitch...like she was today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home