Friday, May 04, 2007

Hush


The view directly across from our house.

Cool and cloudy with a few sprinkles today. Kinda gloomy, actually. But about 7:30-8 this evening, the sprinkles stopped and a bit of a fog started to roll up the river from the south. I made a fresh pot of coffee and poured a cup, threw on a sweatshirt, grabbed the camera and walked across the yard to the old, weathered table and chairs that sit just at the retaining wall that's above the "beach" area.

It was absolutely magical. The water was like glass...smooth with the only ripples coming from the occasional fish flopping. And the fog muffled most of the nearby highway noise. And just to add to the whole ambience of the moment, I could hear a train somewhere in the far distance, blowing it's horn. I felt like I was the only human being left on earth.

Wouldn't it be great if you could freeze moments like that and store 'em somewhere where you could drag 'em out any time you wanted? Like a photo album of special moments.


Looking downriver.

For some reason, all I could think of was the movie "On Golden Pond". Except the occasional honk! honk! wraaaaack! wraaack! wraaack! of Canadian Geese replaced the haunting call of loons.

Wonder if there are loons around here? Besides me, I mean.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home