Sunday, January 07, 2007

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio...

...than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

I'm probably gonna come across as some kinda whackjob. Hell, maybe I am...compared to most "normal" people, anyway. And some of you will surely think that I wear a tinfoil hat to bed every night. I don’t. Really. It messes up my hair.

Strangely enough,though, I believe in some things that I've never seen....Bigfoot. The Yeti. The Loch Ness Monster. UFO's.

Ok, maybe “believe” is too strong a word. Maybe it’s more like I believe strongly in the possibility of those things.

On third thought, no…I believe in UFO’s, even though I’ve never seen one.

Oh, the dichotomy isn't lost on me. I claim to be an agnostic with one foot on the banana peel of atheism. I don’t know if I believe in the existence of "God"...the traditionally accepted version of God, anyway...let's just say I'm very dubious. But I believe in the existence of UFO's. You’ve gotta admit…there are a heck of a lot more people who’ve claimed to see a UFO than have claimed to see God. Other than the acid-heads, I mean.

Not that I think that everyone that does acid sees God. I did acid once and I didn’t see God. All I saw were a buncha alarm clocks and fantastically-colored neon lights zig-zagging every which way.

I digress.


I also firmly believe that there are a very few select people that know that UFO's/aliens exist, but for obvious reasons, they're not about to speak the truth. Or maybe they’ve been ordered not to.

Think about it for a minute. Can you begin to imagine the panic that would ensue if the people in the know admitted that UFO's DO exist? Why, it would shake the very foundation of our society…of ALL the societies of the world. The various religions would be scrambling to make excuses...to rationalize. Would they deny it, even if it was right there...staring them in the face? Probably. Would they claim that it was the Devil’s work? Most assuredly, some would.

Would they claim that “God” made the aliens, too? Probably. I mean, I suppose that’s the only thing that they could claim and still maintain some semblance of control, right?

What do deeply religious people think about the possibility of life elsewhere in the universe? Or do they even think about it? Shouldn't it be beyond their ability to accept the two together?

I can see it now. Jerry Falwell trying to baptize Gort. Klaatu barada nikto to you, too, Reverend Falwell.

I dunno. I just think it’s just awfully egocentric of us to believe that we’re the only planet in the entire universe that has intelligent life. Ok, “intelligent“ might be a stretch, too. But you know what I mean. Intelligent as compared to…oh…I dunno….a sea slug, maybe.

There are literally thousands and thousands of acres of land…maybe millions…here on earth where no man has ever set foot. And look at the oceans and seas of the world…we haven’t even explored one percent of their depths. Space? For as much as we think we know about our galaxy, we really know very little. And what we know about other galaxies is…well…essentially nothing.

Sometimes I drive myself crazy thinking about this kinda crap. But ponder this…I don’t think I believe in God. But I do believe in UFO’s. YOU might believe in God, but not UFO’s.

What’s the difference? Neither is a proven, true-blue, no-doubt-about-it FACT. Faith, maybe. Fact? Nope.

Thank you and good night. I need to go find some tinfoil.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home