Friday, January 05, 2007

So how's your new year startin off?



Mine's pretty much sucky.

My mom used to say, "It's a gay old life if ya don't weaken."
As a kid, I always wondered exactly what that meant. I've learned it means that no matter what, the world keeps on turning. You can either make the best of it or give up. It means "If it's not one thing, it's another."

A la Emily Latella (Gilda Radner's character on SNL), "It's always something." Did I just date myself?


Ziggy's just getting over the epizootic...or as he's so fond of calling it, "herbladacablitis of the blowhole". (Now THERE'S a diagnosis for ya, Knight..heh)
Actually, he had the stomach flu. Which really isn't a flu, but rather a form of gastroenteritis caused by a rotovirus...or norovirus. There's your medical lesson for the day.

Whatever. It entails a lot of pooping and puking.

Poor guy. We've been together for...uh....about six years now...and this is the first time he's ever been sick. Aaaand, it's the first time I've ever seen him throw up. He hasn't even had a damn cold. He must have one helluva immune system.

Anywho, he's feelin much better. "Svelte", almost, he says. Yea. Two days of diarrhea and vomiting'll do that for ya.

In other news, our beloved ferret Lizzie is very, very ill.

Bless her little ferrety self...the vet says it's heart failure, which ferrets are prone to. I'm trying to keep her comfortable, but all I can really do is hold her...and I've been doing a lot of that. It seems to be what she wants, which is unusual...she was always more of a "screw the lovey-dovey stuff...let's PLAY" kinda ferret. I've accepted that we're gonna lose her...soon. I don't like it, but I've accepted it.
Having El here is some comfort...I do love my pets...but he just doesn't understand that she can't rough and tumble with him anymore.

As for me, well...I'm hangin. The tooth pain is but a memory. Thank gawd for antibiotics. I have a couple more fairly minor medical-type things to take care of and then I'll be on the hunt for a dentist. (sigh) I hope ta gawd I get tuned up...SOON. I'm so sick of running here and running there for this appointment and that appointment. Hell, it's enough to wear a well person down, let alone someone who's really sick.

Ah well. I guess if I'd stop to consider the alternative....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home