Tuesday, December 26, 2006

No raindrops on roses or whiskers on kittens for this gal

And ix-nay on the bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens, too

I did, however, get my favorite things for Mixmas. The Zigster went waaaay overboard. But what the hell...I deserve it. I've been very good this year. (ahem)

I got books - The Grapes of Wrath and an interior design book by Doug Wilson. I got movies - Cleopatra, Amadeus and Dangerous Liaisons. And I got sparkly things - a gorgeous amethyst ring and a diamond "O" necklace. I also got some makeup that I've been lusting after and...oh...OH!...I got a tube of Liquid Nails in my sock, too!

Hey...don't laugh. Liquid Nails ranks right up there with duct tape and 20 gauge wire on my list of Most Useful Tools Ever Invented. If ya can't tape it or war it, Liquid Nail it.


I really love it that Ziggy knows me so well. I mean, I think a lotta women would be offended at gettin a tube of Liquid Nails as a Christmas gift. Not me. Well...if that was the only thing he got me, I might be a tad...ah...disappointed. In fact, I might be so disappointed that I just might be tempted to Liquid Nail a particular part of his anatomy to another part. But that's the thing...he knows how to temper it with other stuff. Like sparkly things. Good thing for him, huh? heh

Oh, and my prime rib roast was absolutely, positively perfect. I mixed up a rub of rosemary, thyme, freshly ground black pepper and lotsa garlic in a little olive oil and coated that sucker good. I topped that gooey mess with a handful of kosher salt, then threw that bad boy in the oven, seared it at 500 degrees for about 15 minutes, then turned the oven down to 425 and let it hang for about an hour. It was still rare enough to suit me, but was just beyond the "moo" stage...which suited Ziggy just fine, too. It was tender and delicimous.

(Burp!)

It was quite a lovely day, truth be told. Awesome presents and a fantastic meal followed by 248 minutes of the heaving breasteses of the voluptuous Elizabeth Taylor. Gawd...when she was in her prime, she was a beautiful woman.

The only low point was that the kids couldn't be here. But they'll be here in a couple of weeks...and we get to do it all over again! Cool, huh? Two Mixmases instead of one.

Ok, there were really two low points. I had such a lovely day yesterday...but the fact that I had to work today was hangin over my head. How screwy is that? We got the day after Thanksgiving off...but not the day after Christmas. Ah well. If I've learned anything in all my years of labor, it's to never underestimate the screwiness of upper management.

Anywho, hope y'all had a great Mixmas, too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home