Sunday, December 24, 2006

Cherry Mixmas??

Remind me to never blog after four Newcastles

It's vewwy, vewwy quiet here at the Lollygaggin headquarters this evening. I'm waiting patiently for the fat guy in a red suit to show up. And while I wait, I'm indulging in a bit of English Christmas Cheer and perusing (what a great word...peruse) a few blogs. Just to see if there are any others out there watching for the chubster with the goodies.

I noticed that
  • Peoria Illinoisan
  • posted a simple "Merry Christmas". As I began to post a reply, in my head, it came out as "Cherry Mixmas"....so that's what I typed. From brain to fingers in an instant. I kinda like it.

    We've had a very nice evening, even if it has been quiet. We went out for our non-traditional-that's-become-a-tradition Christmas Eve dinner...at the Chinese joint. Honest ta gawd, they had roast duck. I couldn't help but think of
  • A Christmas Story
  • ...which we came home and watched. It's never been my favorite Mixmas movie, but it's growin on me.

    "He looks like a pink nightmare!"

    I was really suprised at the number of people doin the same thing as we were. What's happened to the family thing on Christmas Eve? I dunno...I kinda like buckin tradition, but it makes me kinda sad at the same time. Fortunately, I wasn't too sad to chow down on some nice, big crab legs. Nothin says "Mixmas" like a plateful of crab legs, huh?

    Ok. I'm off to watch "Starman" and suck down another Newcastle or two. Hopefully, I'll wake up tomorrow morning with visions of sugarplums still dancing in my head....and not a hangover.

    Cherry Mixmas!

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home