Wednesday, December 20, 2006

More product pimpage

Yea, I'm pretty sure I've talked about it before. Cut me some slack, ok? With each passing day, I discover that I'm turning into one of those old farts who tells the same story over and over again.

Let me preface this by saying that I'd do almost anything to keep from catching a cold. I wash my hands religiously. Ok, truth be told, it borders on obsession nowdays. And I avoid the sick like they have the bubonic plague. Those are really the only two things that you can do to prevent catching a cold.

If it was just a mildly uncomfortable, irritating cold, it wouldn't bother me so much. But when I catch one, I'm down. For days. I can't sleep because I can't breathe. I cough. And cough. And cough. And it nearly always turns into something worse. Like bronchitis or pneumonia. It just fucking hangs on forever.

A couple years ago, I thought I'd try Zicam. It says it can cut the length of a cold in half. I've used it, I think, six or seven times now. For me, it's been nothing short of a miracle drug. If I start it the minute I feel any cold symptoms, it doesn't cut the time in half...it simply knocks it. Stops it cold. Ok, it takes a day or two, but IT WORKS.



Day before yesterday, I woke up feeling all stuffy and coughing. The back of my throat/nose was....itchy. For me, that's a sure sign I'm catchin somethin. It's sort of a raw feeling in a particular spot. I've had more than my fair share of colds over the years, so I knew what was coming. I know how my body acts.

I started pokin the ole Zicam up my nose, post haste. Yesterday, I felt bad. Couldn't get warm. Nose/throat still felt raw. Sneezing. Coughing. Thought maybe the Zicam wouldn't work for me anymore.

Today? It's gone. Ok, not completely. I still feel some mild symptoms. But, it's definitely not progressing. I'll keep using the Zicam for a day or two...just to make sure.

But if it works for me like it has in the past, this cold is over.

I'm not sayin it'll work for everyone. But, what the hell...if you hate catching a cold as bad as I do...if ya hate taking all the over-the-counter remedies that cost a friggin fortune and don't do anything but mask the symptoms and make ya feel goofy, try it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home