Thursday, January 11, 2007

On the mend...

...I think.

Good gawd, that was one nasty bug. It hit me late Monday night/early Tuesday morning and here it is, Thursday, and I'm just now starting to feel like I'll live. I've had a couple of times when I thought I was better, only to find myself on a dead run to the bathroom again.

I've really gotten a chance to catch up on my tv viewing while I've been down. Unfortunately.

Jeeeezus...Rosie, you're still obnoxious. Donald, you're still obnoxious. Let's call it a draw, shall we? Who. The. Hell. Cares?

Beckham's coming to America? (Yaaaaawn) Yea. That's just what we need. Another overpaid, useless celebrity and his anorexic, fake-titted wife. Like we don't have enough of them already?

Bush wants to send thousands more to Iraq. Gawd help us all. This is never gonna be over. If it is ever over, it sure as shit won't be because we "won".

There have been a few bright spots in my tv viewing.

"The Shores of Tripoli" - boy, that Maureen O'Hara was a babe...and John Payne? Ooooo...be still my heart!

"The Towering Inferno" - Ok, maybe not exactly film genius, but entertaining...in a campy, nostalgic kinda way.

"Deliverance" - Just how the hell did Ronny Cox get his arm all twisted over his shoulder like that? Must be double-jointed.

Oh, and I caught premiere of "The Soprano's" on A&E last night. It's just not the same without all the profanity, though. A good Mafia show hasta have profanity. It's like...a rule. Luckily, we've got the first five seasons on DVD should I need a little more 'reality'.

And tonight? "Papillion" - great, great movie...which I'm off to watch now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home