Wednesday, November 01, 2006

I swear I'm not turning into a "cat blogger"

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

But....just damn! Have you ever seen anything more precious? Elwood (or "Big-Head Ed" as I call 'im sometimes) has discovered that he just looooves to "help" me blog.

When not helping me blog, he likes to repose upon his leopard pillow in a manner befitting the King of Knoxville Avenue.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Big-Head Ed and Lizzie are becoming friends, but at this point, it's still a bit of a love/hate relationship. They drive each other to distraction, swiping and nipping at each other's butt, but when she's snoozing in her cage, he sits on top and pokes a paw down through the grate, trying to wake her up to play.

They've discovered that a cardboard box makes a fine playground, and will spend half an hour taking turns being the "inside guy", while the other plays sentry.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Not being owned by a cat for quite a few years, I'd forgotten a few things.

Like, why is it that a teeny-tiny little kitten feels like a rampaging bull on your bed at 3 am?

And how on earth can such noxious, rotting-cadaver smells come out of such a small gut? He eats the exact same thing Liz does (Purina Kitten Chow).

I had to laugh...Elwood's former owner and I were talking when I went to pick him up. I'd told her that I had a ferret and she made the comment that she'd love to have one, but didn't think she could handle the smell.

Uh...excuse me?

I know that ferrets can smell "musky" if they haven't been spayed or neutered, but if you purchase one from the pet store (like we did Liz), that's already been done. And as for her litter box...hell, it smells like friggin flowers compared to his.

And she doesn't fart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home