Monday, October 30, 2006

Because we're lazy Halloween-er's...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

...we like to choose costumes that are simple. I used to go all out for Halloween costumes. But it gets to be a pain, really. I mean, dressing up as an outhouse just isn't very comfortable.

We also like the pun-type of costume, though very few of our fellow party-goers ever "get" the pun.

Ya know...puns like:
Buccaneer - Attach a dollar bill to each ear.
Ceiling fan - Print "Go Ceilings!" on a white t-shirt.
White Trash - Wear a large, white garbage bag and tape candy wrappers, cigarette butts, wadded up paper, etc. all over.
Quarter Pounder - Carry a quarter and a hammer. When someone asks what you are, put the quarter down and hit it with the hammer.
Nudist on strike - Wear your normal clothes and carry a sign that says "Nudist on Strike".

Year before last, Ziggy dressed up as a Dutch boy (complete with blonde page-boy wig) and I dressed up as a...well, as a lesbian. We walked around all evening with his hand stuck down the front of my pants. Which wasn't entirely unpleasant....for either of us. But no one...I mean NO ONE...got it that we were the little Dutch boy with his finger in the dike/dyke.

Duh.

So this year, we put very little thought into our costumes. As usual. I went as a very pregnant me (easy to yank that pillow out and enjoy myself) and he went with a noose around his neck. Which is exactly what he'd do, should I actually find myself in that condition. That was supposed to be the pun. We're in our fifties, I'm knocked up, so he'd hang himself.

So what's the first thing out of someone's mouth when we walked in?

"I get it! He's well-hung. But...you're just...pregnant?"

Like I said.

Duh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home