Friday, October 06, 2006

The excuses

My favorite is on right now. To Catch a Predator on Dateline NBC. This first buncha guys (all in their late 20's-early 30's) are led to believe they're chatting up a 13 year old virgin.

"I thought she said she was 19. I was really drunk, so I must've misunderstood."

And to the police: "I'm not like that. I wouldn't do anything like that. Don't you think you could let me go now?"

Uh huh. Sure. We're SO very sorry about your silly little mistake.
**********************

"We did discuss oral sex, but.....it's an honest mistake." (Hey, Marines make "honest mistakes", too.)

To the police: "I wouldn't have done anything with a 13 year old. I have self control."

Riiiiight, Sparky.
***********************

"I don't know why I'm here. I didn't think it was real...I thought it was a game online. Nothing woulda happened. I'd have been too scared." (Another Marine. Kinda scary, ain't it?)

And to the cops: "I was being naive. I didn't think it would actually happen. There's no explanation, no excuses."

A naive Marine. Tell me another story, Mother Goose.
***********************

"I had no intention of doing anything. I didn't bring condoms." (After he just said he did.) There was a party going on and someone logged onto my computer. My friend did it. I wasn't there." (This guy is an Indian...think about the accent.)

To the police: "That was the first conversation. I would definitely not do anything with a 13 year old. I'm a very respected man in society. Is there any chance I can go home tonight?"

Aaahahahhahaha! Well, "respected man", you're goin to the slammer, post haste. Let's see how the other prisoners "respect" ya.
********************

"I was concerned about her. She was home alone! All I wanted to do was be a "big brother. I wanted to make sure she was ok." (Another Indian.)

And to the police: "She kept asking me and told me it was all right. I wanted to make sure she was ok."

Bless him little heart. What a NICE man.
*********************

This time, another Indian guy brings a friend:
"That was just a chat. I'm not aware she's 13. I bring a friend because I do not know my way around. We are not like that."

To the cops: "I'm very loyal to my wife. I didn't really mean that. I'm sorry for her...she's all alone."

Good gawd. With a "loyal" husband like that...well...who the hell NEEDS one?
*********************

And it just goes on and on. A couple of active-duty Marines on leave. Assorted and sundry "respectable" Indian computer nerds. A Latino. A middle aged physician who sobs like a baby when the cuffs go on.

Cry me a fuckin river, asshole.

He tells her he's 29. He's really 48 and bald. Good gawd! What the HELL are these men thinking? Does he not realize that she's gonna KNOW he's not 29 when she sees all the wrinkles and his big, ole bald head shinin?

"I was curious but I wasn't going to do anything."

Well, well, well Curious George. 'Splain this to your lovely, tennis-club wife and two little girls.

I'm sorry. I just can't wrap my head around a middle-aged man wanting to have sex with a 13 year old CHILD. What the fuck kinda screw loose do these guys have?

A hundred and seventy nine...179...men have been arrested over the last two years JUST from this show. How many more have been caught that weren't on the show?

And the more chilling question...how many HAVEN'T been caught? How many are out there that do this all the time? How many kids have been abused?

How many?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home