Wednesday, March 08, 2006

What IS it about those Birmingham boys?

Gawd help me. I'm 'American Idol' blogging.

I don't wanna admit it...don't like to admit it...but I'm an American Idol junkie.

And I'm wondering...does Birmingham put something in the water? If they do, when'd they start? I sure didn't see anyone like these two when I lived there. Unfortunately.

Last year, it was Bo Bice. Even though I think the long-haired rocker is soooo over, Bo was...amazing. I could listen to him all night. Ok, I could watch him, too. He's not a bit hard on the eyes. That smile. Oh, lawd. And he just seemed like such a down-home, easy-goin, polite, good ole Southern boy. Just NICE. When he got to sing with Skynard, whom he idolized, I almost cried.

This year, though...oh, my gosh. If
  • Taylor Hicks
  • had a CD out now, I swear I'd go get it...this very minute. He's an absolute joy to watch/hear, even though he's kinda got a Joe Cocker/Ray Charles thing goin on. Ok, the boy can't dance. But he's so much fun to watch, ya just don't care. I'd like to grab him and just squeeeeeze.

    Yup. Taylor's my pick of the litter as far as the boys are concerned.

    As for the rest of 'em, well, here's my two cents worth:

    Kevin Covais - Great voice...for a leprechaun with a lisp. But, he's only 16.

    Ace Young - He's got 'the look'. He's got the voice. He could walk away with this. But Taylor's still my pick.

    Chris Daughtry - He's got a great voice...for a rocker. Not sure he's 'pop idol' material, though, but I bet he gets some kinda recording contract.

    Bucky Covington - Ok. Another long-haired Southern boy...decent voice, but lacks charisma. He's from North Carolina and he's got a twin brother named 'Rocky'. 'Nuff said.

    Elliott Yamin - Wonderful voice. But he's sure not very nice to look at.

    Will Makar - Kinda forgettable. I figure he'll get booted tomorrow. But he's only 16, too.

    Gedeon McKinney - Ok, when he smiles, does anyone else think he looks like that creepy, plastic, big Burger-King-head guy? He's got a great voice, though...reminds me of some of the Motown greats. But I think he's gonna get the boot tomorrow, too. Looks and acts far older than 17.

    I might 'critique' the girls next week. I watched it last night when they were on, but that's been so long ago that I've forgotten. heh I DO like that little Kellie Pickler, though.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home