Sunday, March 05, 2006

Doncha hate it when that happens?

And another thing or two.

While Zig and I were playing 'barber shop' yesterday (yea, I can cut hair, too), we were talking about.....something. Aaaanyway, I made the comment that I felt a blog post coming on. While I continued cutting, I wrote part of it in my head. And it was gonna be gooood.

Whatever the hell it was.

Nope. Neither of us can remember what the subject was.

I guess I'm gonna hafta start keeping a little notebook and pen with me at all times to jot down my ideas. I've lost....oh...I figure at least a dozen posts that way. I'll hafta tie the notebook and pen around my neck, though. Otherwise, I'll lay it down somewhere and never find it again. (sigh)

@ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @

I don't know what came over me tonight. Ordinarily, I'd rather have flaming pokers shoved up my butt than watch the Oscars. But I felt the overpowering need to spew some snide and sarcastic remarks and it seemed like a good target at the time. If I'd have known it was that much fun, I'd have turned it on earlier.

I dunno...maybe it's just me...but has anyone else noted the irony of a Chinese guy directing a film set in the great American West about gay cowboys?

I was glad to see that Brokeback Mountain didn't clean up the way 'trendy' films usually do. And, ya just KNOW that that's why it was nominated in so many categories...'cause it was trendy....en vogue.

Gawd save us from all that is trendy.

But, ya just gotta love Larry McMurtry's style. Or..ah...lack thereof. Jeans and cowboy boots with a tux jacket. His really bad comb-over looked like it had...well...been combed over really badly, the collar on his shirt was all wonky and his tie looked like a chimpanzee tied it.

GOOD FOR HIM! I wanted to stand and applaud. As far as I'm concerned, his message was, "Screw all ya damn phonies. I'm gonna be COMFORTABLE."

I was glad to see Reese Witherspoon won Best Actress for Walk the Line. I've always liked her as an actress and she seems...real. As opposed to those actors that can't, by any stretch of the imagination, be called 'real'.

One thing that I noticed were several 'plugs' by actors for people to go to theatres, instead of waiting til the film was released on DVD.

Dumbasses.

Why should I pay 10 bucks for the film and 7 bucks for some popcorn and a drink, only to be tortured with friggin commercials, freezing temperatures and noisy kids when I can wait a month or two, rent the damn movie for 3 bucks and watch it in the comfort of my own home, sans commercials. I can lay down if I feel like it. I can hit the ole 'pause' button if I have to take a leak. I can make my own damn popcorn, control the temperature and I don't have noisy kids, cell phones or sticky floors to deal with.

Duh.

You've damn near priced yourselves right out of a job, me buckos. Might wanna think about that the next time your agent negotiates a gazillion dollar deal for ya.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home