Thursday, February 23, 2006

Wished I'd had the camera handy

Well, I did it. (See two posts down)

When Ziggy got home tonight, he found me reclining on the chaise lounge with hundred dollar bills strategically placed on my...uh....well, let's just say 'strategically placed' and leave it at that, ok? And the rest scattered about the chaise and floor.

When he walked in, his immediate response was laughter.

So much for the ole ego. It's a damn good thing I wasn't tryin to turn him on...I'd have been pissed.

What I didn't realize was, that from the door, he thought all those bills were singles...dollar bills.

"What? Ya finally got your check from (insert name of store I worked at during the Christmas season)?" he laughed.

See, I've never gotten my first check from there. I got all the rest of 'em, but for some reason, the very first one is hung up somewhere. I've asked the manager several times and he keeps saying he'll "take care of it". He hasn't. It only amounts to 16 hours, but after all...it's MY money. I suppose I oughta start chargin 'em interest.

Anyway, it's been kind of a running joke around here about that check.

"Honey, you'd better take a closer look," I replied.

He took his jacket and boots off and walked over to where I lay upon my chaise like Cleopatra on her barge. (cough)

Ya know in the Roadrunner cartoon where, at some point, the coyote's eyeballs pop out and the accompanying sound effect is that of an "OOO-OOOOOO-GAH!"...a 'claxon' or whatever they call 'em? That's exactly the look on his face when he discovered that the 'strategically placed' bills had a picture of ole Ben on 'em and not ole George.

Hmmmmph! And to think...I hadda cover myself in hundred dollar bills to get a reaction like that. Used ta be, all I hadda do was get nekkid. (sigh)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home