Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Honest ta gawd...it started as a trip to Goodwill

But I never made it there.



Zig had to go into work four hours early today. So, I'm knockin around the apartment, tryin to decide what to do with this beautiful day. I piddled a little. Did a little cleaning. Then decided to run to the local Goodwill. Hadn't been there in several weeks and ya never know what treasures might've turned up between then and now.

Like I said, it was a beautiful day. And my car simply refused to take the exit off of War Memorial, instead heading directly across the bridge into East Peoria.

I wound up
  • here
  • .

    I left the apartment at exactly 2 p.m. with seventy five bucks (some of my ill-gotten gains from last weekend's gamblin trip) in my billfold. I walked back into the apartment at exactly 6 p.m..........
    ......with seven hundred and fifty eight bucks in said billfold. Yup. 758 smackaroonies. Sweeeeeeet.

    Oh...and did I mention that it was from playin the nickle slots? Uh huh.

    Now that I'm back home and calmed down a little, I have noooo idea what possessed me to go to the gamblin boat. I've lived here in Peoria for five years and this is only the second time I've been there. I suppose I was still feelin lucky from last weekend...I have no other explanation.

    But now I'm thinkin....maybe if I go once a week.....awwww, gawd...somebody call Gamblers Anonymous for me, please??

    I'm tryin to decide how to tell Ziggy when he gets home tonight. I'm thinkin about layin nekkid on the chaise lounge with those seven hundred dollar bills sprinkled over me.

    I don't suppose he'd even notice I was nekkid, though.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home