Thursday, March 02, 2006

"Not Politically Correct" Thursday

Welcome to my first edition of NPC Thursday.

Why "Not Politically Correct" Thursday, you may ask? Well, I'll tell ya.

I rejoice in political INcorrectness. Each Thursday, I'll attempt to bring you the very finest...the best of the best...in political incorrectness.

It's come to my attention that, over the last...oh...ten years or so...everyone has simply gone fucking nuts in their attempt to be INOFFENSIVE, yet people are ruder than ever before. WTF's up wit' dat, anyway?

Good gawd! I thought that was supposed to be part of growing up and becoming a responsible adult. Getting offended and overcoming it. Learning to deal with that which offends you. If none of us ever GET offended, how are we supposed to learn to defend ourselves when that one offensive thing DOES sneak through? How the hell are we supposed to learn tolerance in the first damn place? How the hell are we supposed to know what outrage feels like?

If we stay on our present course of eliminating everything that's politically incorrect, I forsee a world of sheeple. No one ever offends anyone else. We all go along with the flow, blindly following whatever edicts that we're presented with, chewing our cuds, content with the facts that we'll always be taken care of, none of us will ever be offended and that sheeple is all we're ever gonna be. BAH!

I've come to the conclusion that being 'politically correct' is essentially lying. You're NOT telling it like it is. Being polite to spare someone's feelings has nothing to do with it...not really. We all know the difference. Or at least, we should.

Most of you who've read my blog for any length of time have noticed that I very rarely post about religion or politics. It's not out of fear of offending someone. I don't do it because I realized a long time ago that talking about either of those subjects is pretty much like beating your head against a brick wall. I might as well not waste my time or energy. There IS NO RIGHT ANSWER, yet every single person believes that THEIR answer is the right one.

I'm an agnostic with one foot in the athiest pool. Always have been. I've never seen or read anything that can convince me otherwise. I look upon most religions as cults. As far as political leanings go, I lean just a tad more to the right than the left, though there are those subjects that I'm completely left-sided. Personally, I'd prefer a "smorgasbord" type of politics. I don't like labels and I don't fit in any of the normal molds.

Those are MY opinions. If they 'offend' someone, and I'm sure they will, TOO BAD. Learn 'tolerance', my friend.

I love people who tell it like it is....at least by MY way of viewing things. I revel in those who are completely unafraid of offending someone. I work hard at it myself, but I'm a mere novice when compared to some of the bloggers that I'll be highlighting each Thursday.

And now...without further ado (because, gawd knows...I've 'ado-ed' enough, haven't I?) I present you with my picks for this, the first ever NPC Thursday:

If you're Catholic, you might wanna pass up
  • Andy's
  • take on Ash Wednesday. You might be offended.
    I've just recently 'discovered' him, and he's definitely my kinda guy.

    If you happen to be a raging Liberal, YOU might wanna pass up
  • Denny's
  • rip of an op-ed that appeared in his local paper. Nobody does Non-PC like Denny.
    "Maybe I'll go downtown tomorrow and kick a homeless person."

    Enjoy. Or not.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home