Thursday, March 02, 2006

Not so 'guilty pleasures'

I admit it. I'm a plagarist. Sorta. I swiped the idea for the title from
  • Patty
  • .

    She calls them 'guilty pleasures'. Since I seem to have a few sociopathic tendencies, I rarely feel guilt over anything. Well...over anything I treat myself with, anyway. I figure I'm worthy of those little pleasures. heh

    Her guilty pleasures and my own 'not so guilty' pleasures are startlingly similar.

    Crab rangoon. YUM. I looove good crab rangoon. Unfortunately, this diet (yea, I'm still on it...I'm 'plateauing', ok?) doesn't allow for such guilty pleasures. Not that I don't cheat occasionally. Hence the 'plateau', I'm sure.

    Columbian coffee. Uh huh. I hear ya on this one too, sistah. Except, the darker the better for me. I like mah coffee Strong. Folger's Gourmet Supreme, DARK...the darkest roast ya can get. The new Folger's Chocolate Silk...chocolate flavored coffee...is to die for, too. And I've gotta have liquid Coffee Mate. No other brand and none of that powdered crap. Thumbs up on the Starbuck's, too.

    Bittersweet chocolate. I'm not a big sweet eater, but is there any other kind? There shouldn't be.

    Dry white wine. Now, here's where her and I part ways. Believe me...I've TRIED to like wine. Honestly, I have. I WANT to like wine. But I just can't. I've only found a few kinds that I sorta like...and they're all sweet.

    Bubble bath. I've often said that there's just not much that a long, hot soak in a tub full of fragrant bubbles can't make better. Pair that with a couple three good orgasms and I'm...well...a noodle. I use a lotta Bath and Body Works and Victoria's Secret products. I love shopping at VC. But not for the underwear which would never, even in my wildest dreams, fit me. Even if it ever did, I highly doubt I'd ever feel comfortable spending 10 bucks for a pair of panties. I shop there for the smelly stuff. I WILL spend 10 bucks (and more) for that. Hey..a girl's gotta have her priorities. Underpants just aren't a priority for me. heh

    Scented candles. Oh, baby. Do I buy candles. But, only a couple kinds. My daughter sells
  • Gold Canyon Candles
  • and they're awesome. Some of the best smellin, longest lastin candles EVER. I also buy
  • For Every Body
  • candles at Kohl's. Unlike Patty, though, I prefer the 'food scented' ones. Since I don't bake, I loooove the 'fresh baked' ones. Coffeecake. Sweet Cinnaroll. Sugar Cookie. Creme Brulee. Orange. Lemon. Gold Canyon's 'Clean Sheets' is also a fav. Fresh and clean smelling.

    Nip/Tuck. I LOOOVE this show! From a 'medical' perspective, it's pretty unbelievable. But I overlook that. The sex and personal intrigue are more than enough to keep my interest piqued. Ahhh, Christian...whatta snake. And I love watching Joely Richardson...she's one of those women, like Julia Roberts...who can look soooo...awful...one minute and sooo gorgeous the next. She's definitely NOT your 'traditional' beauty.

    Singing along with the radio. One of my most favorite things to do is to drive. Preferably out on the interstate, radio cranked, singin at the top of my lungs. Mostly 'oldies', though. I don't keep up on the 'new' music. I prefer to live in the past. heh. I HAVE been caught a time or two in town, though. At a stop light, window down, jammin to somethin on the radio. I just laugh...so does the other person. heh

    Now, how about you? What are YOUR guilty (or not so guilty) pleasures?

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home