Saturday, November 14, 2009

I am not a twit

Say it like Richard Nixon

This morning, like every morning, I grabbed a cuppa and fired up the computer to read the local paper, a local forum and then right down my blogroll. It's my routine. It's how I roll.

Unfortunately, I've noticed that it takes me a lot less time to do my "routine" in the morning because many of my favorite bloggers no longer post every day. Or even every week. And some seem to have stopped altogether.

That truly breaks my heart.

Aaaanywho...one blogger that I can always look to to have something interesting to say is
  • Elisson


  • And today was no exception. He wonders if the
  • twits are taking over


  • Sadly, I'm thinking he might be right.

    I know I've been guilty of blogging a lot less recently. I'm not sure why...it just seems like I don't have a whole helluva lot of interesting things to say...and even if I did, I'm just not sure anyone even gives a shit about what I have to say anymore.

    It is what it is.

    But it's not because I'm busy being a twit. I'm not. I don't. Twitter, that is. Don't even have an account. Don't want one. I did fall into the whole Facebook trap and joined up. With the exception of rediscovering a couple of old chums, I fail to see where it's enhanced my life one iota. I don't play any of the "games"...I just don't get into it much at all. I can't remember the last time I checked it out, in fact.

    Blogging is my thing.

    Blogging...eh...reading blogs...well, most blogs...is like going out to a really good restaurant. It's the whole thing. You take your time. You savor the meal. You soak in the atmosphere. You immerse yourself in the experience. You get to "know" your hosts.

    Facebook and Twitter...well...those are the fast-food joints. Every once in a while, you might get something that tastes good, but mostly, it's just...gloppy cheese and greasy french fries.

    I think it's the whole "be connected to everybody in the whole fucking world and do it faster" syndrome.

    I don't want to be connected to everybody in the whole fucking world...and I sure as shit don't want to do anything faster at this particular point in my life.

    There are just some things that are better left to be done slowly. Like blogging. And sex.

    I'll leave all the "twits" to their greasy paper bags of fast food...I'll just sit here and savor my steak and blogster dinner.

    Buuurrrrp!

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home